The Lightning Project

The ongoing saga of the PNG Lightning Maroon Clownfish breeding project.

Browsing Posts published in July, 2013

Two photos shot tonight in the fishroom – one is the pair on their latest spawn, and the other is my personal favorite holdback, the one I’m using to document pattern development ūüėČ ¬†Enjoy!    

So 8 days definitely would have been the right call. ¬†I’m going to heed this warning to myself on the next spawn. On 7-26-2013, there was definitely a hatch of offspring. ¬†Somewhere between 25 and 50 larvae had hatched out, but the REST OF THE NEST remained unhatched. By the morning of 7-27-2013, what I […]

Every bit of data I have says “8 days to hatch”. I went back and looked…every spawn I tracked, 8 days. Eg. if a spawn occured on the evening of the 1st, it will hatch after lights out on the night of the 9th. Everything suggests that. So it’s an incredibly tense evening after MISSING […]

So last week I was busy busy busy; wrapping up the Banggai Recue Book and off to the MBI workshop. ¬†Sometime last week, in the chaos, the Lightning Maroon pair spawned, a nice big nest in their new tile home. Of course, chaos this week continued, another book to edit, another freelance gig, and when […]