Just a quick note to followup on my earlier status update.  I did the water tests in light of the cloudy water that presented today.  pH 8.0.  Ammonia, Nitrite & Nitrate at undetectable levels.  Removed that carbon bag I forgot about.  Rather than trying to pull out any and all residual Formalin to start with a baseline, I realized water changes can be utilized as an opportunity to dose up the main tank.  Based on the manufacturer’s dosage rate of 1 drop per gallon for in-tank use, I did a 5 gallon water change with fresh new saltwater at 1.010, and then added 5 drops of Formalin to the main tank.  Our tap pH is around 7.8 to 8.0, so I also dosed with Seachem’s Reef Buffer since I’m not using full strength salt mix (which means roughly 40% of the normal level of buffers for pH).
Feeding responses are still a big issue in my book, and since they’re not where I’d like them to be (STILL have not seen the female eat anything since her arrival), I’m assuming that Brooklynella remains an issue with the Maroons.  I anticipate staying on the course of treatment for dips outlined by Matt Wittenrich in his “Complete Illustrated Breeder’s Guide to Marine Aquarium Fish”, on page 161, which is 1 ML Formalin to 1 Gallon water (I’m using tank water) as a 45 minute bath, 3 treatments every other day.  Friday was the 1st, Sunday evening will be the 2nd, and Tuesday evening the third.  I’m continuing with the Formalin in the tank specificaly to prevent reinfestation, or to at least hopefully hold things in check in between dips.
That’s it for tonight!  Sleep tight and send positive thoughts to the little Ambassadors from PNG!